20 November 2007

Laughing more than ever...


Back to the daily grind at the office this week. Luckily it's only a three day week with a four day weekend because of the holiday. Last week I was in Jerome for over a week, it was amazing. I've never laughed so much...mostly at myself, which in a way is very therapeutic. I realized last week that I take myself way too seriously most of the time. I'm embarrassed when I make mistakes or don't get something right. I close off, and shut down instead of taking it in stride and accepting the simple fact that I didn't get it. The world won't stop turning, the sun won't stop shining, because I dicked something up. I learned to laugh at myself through my goofs and I let my guard down a bit. Still not perfect, I never will be. But very retrospective and encouraging to say the least.

I'm headed BACK (yes back up north again...) on Friday. I just got my hoop that lights up in the dark and I cannot, despite being sick of driving (the Tucson-Phoenix stretch sucks...), pass up the opportunity to light up the streets of Jerome before the snow comes. I'm not planning on going up at all in December, no time. That will suck. I've been up there every month since July. January shows an opportunity or two, depending on availability of vacation days and coordinating cars and/or rentals if need be. My love of Jerome is getting expensive. In February, I'm definitely going up during the first half of the month. I'd love to spend my birthday up there, but I don't think it'll work since it falls during the week. I'll have to settle for drinks at the Surly Wench instead, which ain't bad either. Though I think I'm laying off the gin martinis and whiskey for awhile, especially when I go back up to Jerome.
I don't think Abe's driveway can take anymore of my drinking after last Wednesday night and early Thursday morning...oy vey.

No comments: