08 January 2008

Apparently I've lost my moral compass...


Did I even have one to begin with? What does anyone on this stupid planet know about morality. How can you attribute some esoteric concept to human beings that apparently only a higher power can define? Since when does being "godless" mean immoral?

If having a "moral compass" as some people I know call it means being a conservative who denigrates others (mainly women) they consider "below" themselves and attempts to apply their own version of a "rightly guided" life on those who don't think the same way they do...I'd rather not be a morally righteous, pompous ass.

No thank you. Guess I'll stay a heathen, steeped in my own sinful nature. At least I respect others, regardless of their gender, orientation, and ideology. And I'll be the happy one.

To each his own. Leave me out of it.

No comments: