25 June 2008

Insubordination is cool.

Sometimes I absolutely positively hate my job. Why? Because at least once a week I'm "reminded" of my place here. I have an M.A. in archaeology and extensive museum work. I know conservation. But as my "proper title" is administration assistant/office assitant...or glorified secretary...I'll be put in my place by someone who techinically isn't a part of the powers that be, but as far as he's concerned with me, I'm less important and he might as well be my boss.

I'd get into it, but I don't feel like it. I just hate being talked down to. Yes, I'm over qualified for my job...but I enjoy most of it. I absolutely despise the way I feel when he does what he does.

But then hey...I must remember...stupid me. I'm only a secretary.

What do I know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess where there are men there will always be dicks.

I've deleted all my blogs but you can still keep in touch with me via Facebook, k? xoxo