I cannot begin to describe how good it feels to get back into skating. Today I'm sore, I hurt in places I haven't felt in a year or two, I'm bruised...and it's fantastic.
One thing I must remember: I am in a beginning league. I got somewhat frustrated with arms flaying and skates tripping. It's something I'm not used to in such a scale. But, I was exactly the same when I started. I think it's scary to me that I'm no longer the fresh meat. I never considered myself a veteran skater, even after almost two years in the sport. I always had people to tell me what to do and to correct me if I did something wrong. Now I don't feel like I have that anymore.
At any rate, it is so nice to have something to focus my extra energy on, rather than watching TV or whatever else I've pointlessly spent my time on over the past year or so.
And last night we did some hitting drills again...boy do I have some work to do!
1 comment:
I have nothing really to say except I knew a Roller Girl whose performing name was Spawna Satan. Friggin' awesome.
Post a Comment