So I was driving home from derby practice the other night listening to Dr. Drew and Loveline on the radio. A guy had called in explaining he was about to get married but that he's been receiving blow jobs from a male friend for the past three years and he wanted to know what to do about it (um, STOP? Take yer pick but stop one or the other...sheesh. Most of the time these people call in just to get on the radio, their solutions are painfully obvious...duh). Dr. Drew asked if he was bisexual, the guy denied even being attracted to men (uh huh). But one thing that Dr. mentioned really bugged me. He gave the guy two options, he said he can end this trist with his friend, get married and settle into a relationship or he can accept a bisexual lifestyle and non-monogamy. What? I don't necessarily agree with that. I know other bisexuals who are fine in monogamous partnerships. Why, just because we're attracted to both sexes, make us unable to be dedicated to one person? I don't agree. Yes, I kissed a girl with my husbands knowledge...I was curious. After denying to myself for so long about the nature of my attractions, I at least wanted to try it.
Does that make me a cheater...and naturally non-monogamous? I don't agree, though some may. I've been married for almost 5 years and have never had sex with anyone else...never cheated...nothing. Curiosity doesn't make me unable to be devoted to one person. With talking with some of my friends, they say this is normal...I never had the chance to experience the other sex so curiosity is normal. But bisexuality is much more complicated than that.
Ugh...sometimes you just want to be understood.
No comments:
Post a Comment