23 September 2007

Emotions run high.


Show is over. Friends had fun. Time to look ahead to Halloween, but first, preparation, both emotional and physical, for the week. My last week working in a place I deep down wish to call home. Unless something goes wrong, or we don't get all the mapping done, this project is officially over for me after this week (unless during construction they find more stuff). It's sad. I began working there in May, worked the entire month, then was forced to stay in town both June and July because of my thesis. I missed out on two beautiful months in my own little utopia. I'll miss the town and the people terribly. Hooping in the street at midnight with a handful of others who wandered out to see and didn't care if they couldn't hoop, they just wanted to try it. Cars slowing down in the street to watch, rolling down their windows to say "I LOVE this town!" Long talks about life, or something like it, under the stars that never seem to leave. I could watch those stars all night. Finding others like you. Finding yourself. Finding yourself in others. Having your heart stolen and not wanting it back. Yes, I'm coming back Wednesday night, but not all of me will return.

No comments: