15 October 2007

True Happiness is Just Around the Corner...


Deep asleep a few nights ago
I dreamt an angel on a pedestal
collapsed, exhausted, no strength at all
she cried as if her faith was gone.
I said "Angel, my angel, what have you seen?
What crimes against truth or of love make you weep?"
She choked out the words, jerked me out of my sleep,
she said "You've given up, kid, and that's enough for me."

So I threw on my socks
and drew a line from my front door to you
'cause resigning yourself to your father's shoes
is nothing but one big excuse to lose.

And then we'll sing, sing, sing
to the love we've lost and the hearts we sting
and hang a perfectly serene
painting of where we want to be
in front of the bathroom mirror
because all we know is all we ever see.

I've become more or less defensive
of my current stake in fame
you know four whole years of spinning wheels
to most would be a waste.
But I'm caught here in a stand off
between what I want, and what I will pay
but I'm coming out with guns ablaze
So let's go kids, time is nothing, seize the day.

And then we'll live, live, live
every single day as if
we'll never die, we will ascend
into a state of happiness
We'll rise above all of this...

And then we'll sing, sing, sing
To the love we've lost and the hearts we sting
and hang a perfectly serene
painting of where we want to be
in front of the bathroom mirror
because all we know is all we ever see
all we know is all we ever see

No comments: